From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Di Domenico
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:22 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_defrag only some machines?

having let the pool run for a while longer, it does appear to have pulled in some of the nodes that originally weren't.

so i guess what this really boils down to is that I don't understand what

DEFRAG_RANK = -ExpectedMachineGracefulDrainingBadput

really means as it relates to the current state of my pool

I can see ExpectedMachineGracefulDrainingBadput is a classadd attached to each of the machines in my pool, which represents a calculated number, but i don't fully understand it

i see the explination in the manual, but it's still not clear.  does anyone have a pointer to something that might make it more clear how this is actually choosing machines to set to draining state?