[HTCondor-users] Group and Sub-Group Quotas

Hello –

I was under the impression that sub group quotas make use of a fraction of a [super] group. Meaning, if I have the following pseudo configuration:

Dynamic quota group A:         0.5

            Quota group A.sys      0.5

            Quota group A.net      0.5

Dynamic quota group B:         0.5

            Quota group B.sys      0.5

            Quota group B.net      0.5

…then all jobs where acctgroup ~= A (including A, A.sys, and A.net) get 50% of the pool slots. Likewise, each job with the acctgroup set to a subgroup (A.sys, A.net, B.sys, and B.net) each get 25% of the pool slots. It looks like in our case, according to condor_userprio and analyzing running jobs with condor_q, that every super and sub group gets 50% of the pool’s slots. I believe we started seeing this behavior after we introduced pslots into the mix, but that may just be a coincidence.

Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something wrong? I can send a config snippet if needed.

--

Arthur

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy/delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All information contained in this communication is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made in this communication do not necessarily reflect those of AQR Capital Management, LLC and its affiliates.