[HTCondor-users] How to prefer certain nodes for jobs

We are looking at making certain jobs prefer certain worker nodes based on attributes in the job - specifically who submitted the job

All nodes can run the jobs, but we'd like it if AcctGroup 'A' goes to node group 'A' first, and AcctGroup 'B' goes to node group 'B'

We have tried setting both the RANK andÂNEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK to something like this

Worker node group A:

NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = 1000000 * (TARGET.AcctGroup == 'group_atlas')

Worker node group B:

NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = 1000000 * (TARGET.AcctGroup == 'tier3')

Job classads:

$ condor_q -long 1090
AcctGroup = "tier3"

$ condor_q -long 32
AcctGroup = "group_atlas"

For some reason, all the jobs are being scheduled on the group B nodes first.

Is there any reason why the post job rank wouldn't work, or is there some other knob to tune? I've set the RANK and NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK to the same value on both groups of nodes.

Sean

--
Sean Crosby
Research Computing