Re: [HTCondor-users] "pip install htcondor": now a thing (kinda)!

On Sat, Jun 10 2017, Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You should be able to "pip install htcondor" from your favorite python
> 2.6 / 2.7 environment.  The intent is to have Mac OS X and Windows
> eventually too.
>
> Python 3 support looks ... difficult for a Saturday.  It might be
> doable over the next month or two.

Thanks, Brian.  Thank you for all your work on this.

I just want to express LIGO's strong desire for python 3 support for
htcondor.  We're working to build cluster support into our jupyterhub
deployment.  We have a job launcher backend that works very cleanly with
htcondor and python 2.  However jupyterhub itself is python3 and
therefore can't use the htcondor-base launcher.  It would certainly be
nice to not have to rewrite it to use system calls.

Thanks.

jamie.