Re: [HTCondor-users] startd doesn't start

On 03/20/2017 01:51 PM, Alessandra Forti wrote:
> Hi,

> I was worried about this actually. I didn't say anything because all 3
> my VMs created the condor user with the same uid.gid and I thought it
> might be ok, but I would prefer for it to be certain.

I've a salt state that creates them as part of condor installation. So
far they haven't clashed with any existing ids, but I usually do a fresh
os install when I roll out a condor node and there aren't many existing
ids there yet at that point.

I'm sure you can do it with the others (chef/puppet/ansible) too.
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin