Re: [HTCondor-users] Use execute machine environment variable

Thank you Ivo Cavalcante for the tip. It is working like a charm!
And thanks toÂÂMichael Pelletier for the explanation of what is going on inside.

There are some solutions to your problem. I'm employing, nowadays, STARTD variables that I can put in the submit files, for example:

Add to HTCondor configuration (execute nodes):

EXECUTABLE_PATH = "c:\xpto\asd.exe"
STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS), EXECUTABLE_PATH

And you'll be able to put, on the submit file:
executable = $$(EXECUTABLE_PATH)
Var will be resolved on executing machine. As I said, this is only one way to address the problem, but it works.

Cheers,
Ivo Cavalcante