Re: [HTCondor-users] Negotiator, matchmaking and partitionable/dynamic slots...

On 05/22/2017 12:36 PM, Ivo Cavalcante wrote:
Hi all,

I've been using HTCondor for the last three months, in an effort  to replace our current resource management scheme.
Everything has been working very well so far, but I have some doubts about negotiator matchmaking algorithm, when
Partitionable slots come into the game - that's our current strategy, using only Partitionable slots (any advice
for/against it is welcome).

If you are running with Partitionable slots, only startd RANK based preemption can preempt more than one running job in favor of one, larger idle job. If you need to preempt in order to avoid starvation, we'd recommend using the condor_defrag daemon to periodically drain startds.

-greg