Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_rm

Not "almost" certainly. ;-)

Grepping for " I " in condor_q output will break when you move to 8.6, and break today if someone puts an " I " in their job description. In 8.6 the batch-based output for condor_q becomes the default, as opposed to a list of individual jobs. Since it's scalable to hundreds of thousands of jobs now, that's preferable to the alternative.

Everyone should go back and make sure all their scripts use constraint expressions instead of parsing command-line tool output. Not only is it future-proof, it's more efficient too since the constraint is evaluated at the scheduler, which only sends what you asked for.

This should probably be more vigorously emphasized in the documentation to try to keep people from venturing down the thorny "grep" path.

	-Michael Pelletier.