Re: [HTCondor-users] "include command : " in configuration files

Dear Michael,

many thanks for your reply!

Am 03.11.2017 um 20:05 schrieb Michael Pelletier:
> Oliver,
>
> It does indeed run every time the config is read, including when condor_submit or condor_config_val are run by any user.
>
> This caused some issues with condor_gpu_discovery in an earlier version which emitted a CUDA error which tripped up the configuration. I don't recall my support ticket number on that, but it should show up in the recent release notes.
>
> The workaround I did is to set up any config-included script to cache the persistent results and display the cached value if it's fresh enough.
This is a very good idea to allow to define the caching period ourselves!
I'll go with a similar solution, then, once the script gets more complicated (as of now, it just does a "stat()" and a "cat" of a file).

Since it appears this is not only affecting me, but also others,
it might be a good idea though (for the long run) to have something like (with maxage 1200 specifying a 20 minute caching):

include ifexist command into $(LOCAL_DIR)/stuff.config maxage 1200 : perl $(LOCAL_DIR)/stuff.pl

in HTCondor (which will do just the same we are right now doing with external workarounds).
Since HTCondor has to check for the existence of the cache-file in any case, this should be very straightforward to implement in the code.

Is this mailing list also the suitable place to collect such ideas / feature requests?

Cheers and many thanks,
Oliver