Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor execute directory on Windows keeps pilling up

On 10/3/2017 5:53 PM, Zhuang, Di wrote:
Looking into StarterLog.slot_1, I do see the following.  Could the build up have something to do with the line "Got SIGQUIT. Performing fast shutdown."  What can this be caused by.

The above is normal / expected behavior.... it is just the condor_startd telling the condor_starter to go away.

If there are no immediate solution, as a temporary workaround, is there a way for me to safely identify which scratch directories are being worked on and remove the rest?

Couple thoughts:

Are the leaked dir_xxx subdirectories empty? I.e. they do not even contain a ".job.ad" file? In the one time I could reproduce the problem on my machine, the subdirectory was indeed empty - in other words, HTCondor successfully removed all the files but had an error removing the (now empty) subdirectory. If the leaked directories are also empty for you, that would be an easy way to identify which ones you can remove... if the subdirectory is older than a few seconds and is empty, you could remove it.

Are you using a real-time virus scanner like Windows Security Essentials, Windows Defender, etc? You could try adding C:\condor\execute folder to the list of folder excluded from being scanned. In another thread TJ guessed that HTCondor was unable to remove the (empty) subdirectory because a virus scanner had it temporarily open.

regards,
Todd