Re: [HTCondor-users] Htcondor configuration problems

Hi Rajat,

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Rajat Saini <cs17mtech11002@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Is there a way to communicate between the machines without password
> authentication??

You can use other authentication methods outlined in
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/3_8Security.html

For testing purposes, you can use CLAIMTOBE which does what it says on
the box: trusts that the other host is who it says. You won't want to
use that on a production deployment, particularly if the network is
accessible externally.

> 2. The Master nodes appear in the slave machines but the slave machine nodes
> doesn't appear in the nodes of the Master. (When the command "condor_status"
> is run)

There could be a few explanations. Do you allow inbound UDP traffic on
port 9618 on your central manager? Also look for log messages on both
ends that indicate a failure to send updates.

> 3. I am trying to use the password authentication between Master and Slaves.
> When i try to run the following command from Master machine, it says
>

> condor_store_cred -c -n hostname.domain add
>
> "Makes sure you have CONFIG access to the target master"

Try removing the `-n hostname.domain`.

--
Ben Cotton