Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_status update time

Todd,

âwhich typically shuts things down within a few seconds, killing the job
    with SIGKILL if needed.  This should be what happens when you do a
    'systemctl stop condor'.â

This is what I have been doingâ  and the processes do go away within seconds.  The shutdown is successful.

 What I am seeing though is that now if I do a condor_status  (or condor_status âany or condor_status âmaster) after I do that stop condor..   the cores/machine still show in that list for many minutes after it is stopped (10 or 15 minutes).

      Mary

On 10/10/17, 11:24 AM, "Todd Tannenbaum" <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 10/10/2017 9:58 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:
    > To shut the daemons down cleanly, you can use condor_off -master.  Or
    > you can send the condor_master a SIGTERM signal, which has the same
    > effect.  Then you have to give the condor_startd and condor_master time
    > to shutdown cleanly.  I believe that this can take as much as 2 minutes
    > if the condor_startd is running a job and the job doesnât respond to
    > SIGTERM, (or doesnât respond quickly).

    Quick comment on the above:

    If you do not want to be patient with running jobs, you could add the
    "-fast" flag like so:
       condor_off -fast -master  [node name]
    which typically shuts things down within a few seconds, killing the job
    with SIGKILL if needed.  This should be what happens when you do a
    'systemctl stop condor'.

    regards,
    Todd