Re: [HTCondor-users] Drain HTCondor worker by setting instance metadata value

On 09/05/2017 01:28 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 1:19 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> On 09/05/2017 11:28 AM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

>>>     condor_drain <machine-name>

>> Quick question: will it reset if I bounce the node or will I need to run
>> condor_drain -cancel after reboot?
>>

> It will reset after rebooting the node.  No need for -cancel.

Thank you, but condor_drain -graceful has just SIGTERM'ed the running
jobs which is not quite the same as setting START to false and running
condor_reconig.

So it appears "instead of twiddling with START expressions ... simply
invoke the condor_drain" is not entirely correct.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin