Re: [HTCondor-users] Unable to configure node remotely using condor_config_val

>      Enable START on execute host:
>
>          [root@condorhost]# condor_config_val -name executenode -set
> "START = TRUE"

^^^ I think this is your problem.  condor_config_val is per daemon... since the START expression
is used by the condor_startd, I think the above command should instead be:

   condor_config_val -name executenode -startd -set "START = TRUE"

Other than that, everything else you are doing looks good, so my guess is
things will work as you expect if you add "-startd".

regards
Todd