Re: [HTCondor-users] $(PROCESS) - enumerate it?

On 19/09/17 18:48, John M Knoeller wrote:
you can do this, but due to some limitations in the parser for the $() expansion stuff, you have to use a temporary variable.

Add this to your submit file

   OutputId = $(Process)+1
   output = $INT(OutputId)

Note that Process is an alias for ProcId.  They both evaluate to the same thing, but ProcId is the actual attribute name that you see when you use condor_q -long. so the preferred form is this

   OutputId = $(ProcId)+1
   output = $INT(OutputId)

the $INT() macro expansion has an optional second argument that you can use to control the formatting, the main use for this is to get leading zeros.  for instance this:

   tmp = $(ProcId)+1
   output = $INT(tmp,%04d)

will produce the sequence 0001, 0002, 0003, etc

But leading an trailing characters in the formatting are honored, so this

   tmp = $(ProcId)+1
   output = $INT(tmp,file_%04d)

will produce the sequence file_0001, file_0002, file_0003, etc

-tj

thanks a lot! btw, should not something like processes ids start from 1 anyway? I mean, to an amateur like myself even the sound of "first process having number zero" does not vibrate right.