Re: [HTCondor-users] Password Authentication with Python Bindings

Hello Heath,

are you sure PASSWORD authentication is what you want?
The password authentication [1] is used only for daemon-to-daemon authentication. Any non-pool process, including user clients, is not supposed to use it.
A password is considered insecure if anyone but the condor pool can read it, and maps to a generic condor_pool identity.

Unless you are trying to implement your own daemon, PASSWORD authentication is very, very likely not what you want.

Cheers,
Max

[1]
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/3_8Security.html#SECTION00483400000000000000