Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit jobs per node

Another way to achieve this is to define a custom machine resource in the pool configuration, such as "OnePerHost" so that a job could do "request_oneperhost = 1" and be the only job running on the system, but that would apply to any job from anyone which requests "oneperhost" rather than only a given group of jobs.

>    -Michael Pelletier.

If i do understand this correctly then it means that i can run one job per node when requesting this special created Variable ? All other jobs are not limited which do not request it ?

That would be precisly our use case. Only one job per node for the user who is "requesting" it. We do have lots of small jobs which do not have a large impact on the machines. But when it comes to large model simulations the user is happy if he can restrict his jobs in such a manner to only have one per node because of the I/O limitations.

Best
Heiko