[HTCondor-users] Command output in system_startd_job_attrs - possible?

Hi folks,

Due to decades of legacy email cruft, $(Owner)@raytheon.com as the e-mail address doesn’t usually work. With the help of a colleague, I cooked up a little program to query the directory service to get a user’s e-mail based on their username and display it as a “notify_user” line in the submit description like so:

Include command : /usr/libexec/condor/get_notify_user $ENV{LOGNAME}

It generates:

Notify_user = Michael.V.Pelletier@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there some way to do this in a ClassAd _expression_ in the configuration so that this can be added to the SYSTEM_STARTD_JOB_ATTRS to plug it in to the job automatically for the users? I’ve looked multiple times over the years, but I feel like I might be just missing a trick somehow.

Thanks for any suggestions!

                -Michael Pelletier.