[HTCondor-users] Configuration of logging

Dear HTCondor experts,

I just realized HTCondor takes care of logging and rotating the logs by itself, without leveraging existing tools such as logrotate.
This caused an issue because we had a schedd logging (due to a problematic job) almost continuously over night, and this morning, the 2 GB log partition was full.
Of course, I could reduce the log sizes and number of rotations using HTCondor parameters - but then I would (in the worst case) not be able to log more than a day in a few GB of storage.

Is there any way to trigger automatic compression of logfiles after rotation, similar as to what logrotate can do out of the box?
For logfiles, this tends to save orders of magnitude of space.

Also, is there a way to specify how long logs are kept (instead of going by size or number of rotations)?
Especially with the new GDPR it's common practice to (and I think everybody in Europe is even forced to...) specify how long log files are kept in units of "time" instead of "size".

Cheers,
	Oliver