Re: [HTCondor-users] thoughts on HTCondor python bindings submit improvements

On 04/27/2018 10:13 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:
> We could stop there, but I also thought it would be nice to submit using a native python iterator also, and it seemed to me that it is clearer to have the user always pass the iterator of the htcondor.Submit class to the queue statement explicitly rather than implicitly.

I think if your submit file parser returns a list of dicts, each
describing one job complete with executable and universe and all, then
the user could sub.queue(txn, dict) in a loop. Or sub.queue(txn,
**dict), whichever way you like it.

I'm not sure I get the bindings code argument, but then I haven't seen
it:  I assume there is a reason you can't do your "last job" magic in
the StopIteration catch block?

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin