Re: [HTCondor-users] jobs to start on busy machines first

Hi Todd,

> So I had a typo in the recipe which may make a difference depending on
> how you are submitting the jobs. The clause "(10000 * Cpus)" was
> supposed to be "(-10000 * Cpus)"... I changed the wiki recipe.

Thanks, looks like that is now filling one machine at a time !

I thought during testing I had changed the sign at some point.

> Some other troubleshooting questions -
>
> So when you tried the config suggestion on the wiki, you added the
> config to your central manager and then remembered to do a
> condor_reconfig (or service restart)?

Yes, I did issue the condor_reconfig. Thanks for the reminder.

> What does
>
> Â condor_config_val -negotiator negotiator_depth_first
>
> say when run on your central manager? (Hopefully it says True - this
> is key since you are using partitionable slots).

Yes, it says True.

> Do your execute nodes have config knob CONSUMPTION_POLICY=True (this
> is not the default) ?

No, it seems our config doesn't touch this variable. Reading up on it now.

Thanks for the quick help ! Rolf