[HTCondor-users] condor_userprio

Hi,

i'm trying to adjust the fair shares and priorities in condor. One of the things that I don't understand is why the condor_userprio tool doesn't report the configured priorities but seems to report random numbers.

for example I have condor_userprio reporting

group_atlas.pilot = 10000
group_atlas.production = 10000

But the priorities configured are

GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_group_atlas =Â 10.0
GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_group_atlas.pilot =Â 10.0
GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_group_atlas.production =Â 10.0

it really should be 10 even if I didn't explicitely declared them because the group_atlas is 10. 10k is the default and 1000 I'm not sure where it comes from. Another example in the opposite direction

group_ops = 1

vs the configured

GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_group_ops = 10.0

i've read in an old thread this is normal condor behaviour... I don't understand this it just makes difficult to know what the negotiator really knows because the only way to check is to read the configuration files which may or may not have been reloaded and it gives no confidence in how priorities and fair shares are handled. Also there is no way to check which job is ahead of the queue and JobPrio is always 0 shouldn't there be at least a priority attribute that results from the user, sub group, group configured priority and fairshare combination? surely the negotiator has this number.

Are there known ways to check what is really going on?

Attached the output of condor_userprio and condor_config_val -negotiator

thanks

cheers
alessandra

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 14.30.45.png

image.png

--
Well you'll still need a tray. (Eddie Izzard)