Re: [HTCondor-users] condor python package on windows

On 2/2/2018 3:42 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

I was able to import it by adding c:\condor\lib\python to my path. Is
there a way to get it into the standard place
(C:\Python27\lib\site-packages) so I don't have to mess with my path?

Thanks!

It is on our list to add it into PIP for Windows as well, which would be the way to go... I suppose we could also investigate having the Windows MSI installer install it into \Python27 if it exists....

In the meantime you could set PYTHONPATH instead of PATH if that is somehow easier for you, e.g. at the cmd.exe prompt:

  set PYTHONPATH=c:\condor\lib\python

If you want to set it persistently, i.e. so it will be set for the next window you open up or the next time you login, you can use "setx.exe" from the command line... so something like:

   setx PYTHONPATH "c:\condor\lib\python"

or you can do this GUI style via Computer->Properties->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables... just google it, plenty of guides showing step by step screen shots.

Hope the above helps
Todd