Re: [HTCondor-users] condor will not use preferred host at all

On 2/19/2018 4:10 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
As a test I removed liszt from the config and it still will not use
chopin. Even thought a status shows all slots as 'Unclaimed Idle'

What do you mean when you say "removed liszt from the config" ?

Do you mean you removed it from your HTCondor pool (i.e. did condor_off on liszt) ?

So now when you do a "condor_status", the only thing you see is slots on chopin? And yet your job remains idle and refuses to run on chopin?

Maybe your job does not match any slots on chopin -- perhaps because chopin has less memory than liszt, for instance. See the manual section "Why is the job not running?" at http://tinyurl.com/ycbut82r

Hope this helps
Todd