Re: [HTCondor-users] $INT conversion failing in submit file

HI Ste - thatâs awesome! Thanks so much for digging in more. I saw in your other message that what I want to accomplish may be possible using âintâ function rather than the â$INTâ macro.

> The trouble is that the $INT macro doesn't do what it might purport to do: it doesn't take a string and make an integer out of it (which is what I think you want). It takes an integer and makes a string out of it!! So, since substr() yields a string, it causes trouble when it's used in conjunction with $INT (somehow, $INT sees that the type of the argument is a string and assumes that it's a format spec. That's my guess.)

I was totally misunderstanding the $INT macro.

> Since the third operator of substr is a length. Not many people would call their machines that. Perhaps you mean substr(Machine,7,2)?

Oops - I misunderstood substr syntax as well. I was using it as if it was starting and ending range.

Thanks again!