Re: [HTCondor-users] Set of jobs with limited number of starts per cycle?

On 01/02/2018 05:30 AM, Thomas Hartmann wrote:
Hi,

just upping my question ;)
There seems to be no easy(?) way to throttle per user the number of
brokered jobs per negotiation cycle, or?

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I don't know that there's a good way to do it in condor. First, even if we spread out the matches per cycle, the schedd can re-use matches for multiple job in sequence, so it might not impact the time machines free up as much as you might think.

Perhaps to get the results you want, you could start jobs as usual, but enable preemption so that higher-priority jobs could start more quickly. Or, reserve some machines for your higher-priority jobs.

-greg