[HTCondor-users] Working directory when running a Condor job with Singularity

Hello,

I've been trying to get Singularity working via Condor, and I've gotten the basics of it working, but I'm having a few issues with how $_CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR behaves.

Normally a running jobs working directory is placed in our environment under /scratch/condor. When running a Singularity container I have SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR = /srv. So I was expecting that the working directory of the job would be in /srv, but it turns out that the working directory is in /home.

This makes sense on second thought, when you start up a Singularity container it places you in the home directory. I know there are ways to change this behavior so that the initial directory will be in /srv in side the container, but I'm not sure how to do this through mechanisms provided in Condor. Is this something that can be done?

Alec