Re: [HTCondor-users] docker options specified in docker universe

This can’t be done with a condor_submit file.   The command line to docker is under the control of the execute machine, with some parts of it being influenced by the submit file – but there is no way to add arbitrary arguments to the docker daemon.   If you could, what would happen when two of your jobs ended up landing on the same execute node?   They can’t both be binding the same port and using the same name…

If you control the execute node, you can write a wrapper script for HTCondor’s execution of the docker command and add arguments there, but then it becomes your responsibility to make sure that the additional arguments are sane and I don’t see any way to do that for your use case.

-tj

From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 8:50 AM
To: htcondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] docker options specified in docker universe

Hi,

I want to have a lot of docker jobs running in queue to provide remote desktop/remote control service for different users. But I have no idea how to bind port 5901 of docker job to some specific port of my execute machine. In command line, `docker run -p 50001:5901 --name test1 ar/ubuntu` works fine, and I have trouble transforming it into condor submit file because I don't know how to specify the '-p' and '--name' option in docker universe.