Re: [HTCondor-users] systemd interfering with Condor job cgroups

Hi Gred,

many thanks - turning on cgroup delegation seem to do the trick!! :)

With the delegate option on for all controllers in the Condor unit's
service section [1], the job slices survived all new/restarts of other
units!

I will prepare and test some more nodes over the weekend, but I have my
fingers crossed, that my issue is fixed ;)

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas

[1]
[Service]
Delegate=true

[2]
There are a few guides out there also mentioning, that the
resource-control options have to go into an own [Slice] section.
But at least for CentOS7.5/3.10.0 and libcgroup-0.41-15 an separate
[Slice] section is ignored and the resource control settings only get
picked up when in the [Service] section. Unfortunately, systemd seems to
be not very verbose when ignoring options, so better re-check the unit's
values to be sure when on other versions...

> systemctl show --all condor.service | grep Delegate
Delegate=yes

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.resource-control.html