[HTCondor-users] Dynamic slots not resizing

Hello,

I have an execution server with 16 cores using a single partitionable slot:

NUM_SLOTS = 1

NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1

SLOT_TYPE_1 = 100%

SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = true

When I submit several jobs like this:

·         Job0: request_cpus=16

·         job1: request_cpus=1

·         Job2: request_cpus=1

·         JobN: request_cpus=1

I find that Job0 starts running in a newly created dynamic slot with all 16 cpus as expected, but when it finishes, the other 1 cpu jobs start running sequentially one at a time in the very same slot with 16 cpus (environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS=16 for those jobs too).

I expected the 16 cpu dynamic slot to be destroyed at the end of Job0 and several new ones to be created with 1 cpu each. This is what happens when I do not send Job0 first.

Can this be fixed?

Thank you

Oscar

DISCLAIMER: Este mensaje contiene informaci'on propietaria de la cual parte o toda puede contener informaci'on confidencial o protegida legalmente. Esta exclusivamente destinado al usuario de destino. Si, por un error de envio o transmisi'on, ha recibido este mensaje y usted no es el destinatario del mismo, por favor, notifique de este hecho al remitente. Si no es el destinatario final de este mensaje no debe usar, informar, distribuir, imprimir, copiar o difundir este mensaje bajo ning'un medio. --------- DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains propietary information some or all of which may be legally protected. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or relay this e-mail.