Re: [HTCondor-users] Building htcondor on Debian 9 issue: "Can't find ldap.h, needed to build nordugrid_gahp"

Yes this is correct.  because we donât yet have native packages (apt-get) for Debian9, this is not a supported platform. so we donât put it on our download page.  But we expect to support it soon.  Iâm not doing the work, so this is only a guess - but I would expect it to be supported for the 8.6.11 release which is currently scheduled for early May.

-tj

From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Chan
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:33 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Building htcondor on Debian 9 issue: "Can't find ldap.h, needed to build nordugrid_gahp"

   So it sounds like the original link from the build farm is unstable, but it is considered an "official" Debian 9 build for 8.6.10

   However it isn't available via this page: https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/downloads/?state=select_from_mirror_page&version=8.6.10&mirror=UW%20Madison&optional_organization_url=http:// and stretch isn't among your supported Debian repos

   The stable build summary page is your continuous integration/build summary page, but I would need to scrape it and follow green links until I arrived at one of the pages for the daily build artifacts and then download the "results.tar.gz" file?

   I think just stashing the tarball that I downloaded someplace is the easiest route for now.

   Any ETA on getting the official Debian 9 package available on a repo? I can get by for now with the tarball, but I'd like to use a cleaner install method once it becomes available. Should I check back in a week, a few weeks, a few months?