Re: [HTCondor-users] Negotiator/userprio changes in 8.7?

We had just recently reported the same issue that Mats is reporting, but we just saw it on 8.7.5.  the workaround works

for us as well.

Steve

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mats Rynge <rynge@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 12:30:37 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Negotiator/userprio changes in 8.7?

We recently updated a central manager from 8.6 to 8.7.7. The main reason
for the upgrade was the better support for having two negotiators, each
one managing a disjoint set of the pool.

Scheduling of jobs seems ok, but output of condor_userprio and the
negotiator logs indicate that something changed. condor_userprio no
longer shows all the resources in "Res In Use" column. For example, we
had about 6500 slots and userprio only showed 267. See:

https://www.isi.edu/~rynge/8.7-userprio/condor_userprio.txt

Under 8.6, the in use column seemed to be properly populated with
correct number of jobs running per user. Under 8.7.7, it is mostly 0s,
but a few incorrect values for some users.

Full cycle of the negotiator log here:

https://www.isi.edu/~rynge/8.7-userprio/negotiator_log.txt

My config is from several generations of HTCondor, but worked well with
8.6. Negotiator bits:

https://www.isi.edu/~rynge/8.7-userprio/negotiator_config.txt

Setting NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION=True makes condor_userprio look
correct again. The NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION=False setting comes
from glideinWMS. My questions are:

1) When NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION=False, is the condor_userprio
behavior described above expected?

2) Would you recommend NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION=True for a
glideinWMS based pool? We never do scheduling based preemption,
REEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS=False.

Thanks,

--
Mats Rynge