[HTCondor-users] RuntimeError: Failed to receive remote ad.

I have a python script that makes this call:

schedd.xquery(requirements="ClusterId == %d" % id)

Sometimes it throws an exception 'RuntimeError: Failed to receive remote ad.'

First question is what does this error mean and how can I prevent it?

I found that if i run the same command from another python shell it
succeeds. This made me think I should catch the error and just retry.
So I added an exception handler thusly:

except RuntimeError as e:

but it does not catch the error and the program still crashes.

Second question is how can I catch this error and continue running?