[HTCondor-users] REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE's potential security issue

Hello,

I have a question regarding this comment in the condor_config file that I don't understand:

##Â If the local config file is not present, is it an error? (WARNING: This is a potential security issue.)
#REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = true

I was wondering how the fact that allow (or not) local config files could be a security issue. If I understand correctly, any resource that is allowed to connect to the central manager is free to use any condor_config file they wish -- so why would it matter that they use a local config file or not?

Regards

Pascal