Re: [HTCondor-users] Power management not working in Windows

No, I don't have any configuration for STARTD_ATTRS or STARTD_EXPRS:

> condor_config_val -v -dump STARTD_ATTRS
# Configuration from machine: ZARATHUSTRA

# Parameters with names that match STARTD_ATTRS:
STARTD_ATTRS =
Â# at: <Default>
Â# expanded:
SYSTEM_STARTD_ATTRS = COLLECTOR_HOST_STRING DedicatedScheduler
Â# at: <Default>
Â# expanded: COLLECTOR_HOST_STRING DedicatedScheduler
Â# default: COLLECTOR_HOST_STRING DedicatedScheduler

> condor_config_val -v -dump STARTD_EXPRS
# Configuration from machine: ZARATHUSTRA

# Parameters with names that match STARTD_EXPRS:

> condor_config_val -dump | grep -I hiber
ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE = Offline && Unhibernate

> condor_config_val -dump | grep -i hiber
HIBERNATE = ifThenElse($(ShouldHibernate), $(HibernateState), 0)
HIBERNATE_CHECK_INTERVAL = 300> condor_status -long | grep -i hiber
CanHibernate = true
HibernationLevel = 0
HibernationState = "NONE"
HibernationSupportedStates = "S3,S4,S5"
Unhibernate = MY.MachineLastMatchTime =!= undefined
HibernateState = 3
ROOSTER_MAX_UNHIBERNATE = 0
ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE = Offline && Unhibernate
ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE_RANK =
ShouldHibernate = ( (KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)) && $(CPUIdle) && ($(StateTimer) > $(TimeToWait)) )

> condor_status -long | findstr -i hibernate
CanHibernate = true
Unhibernate = MY.MachineLastMatchTime =!= undefined

But:

> condor_status -long | grep -i hiber
CanHibernate = true
HibernationLevel = 0
HibernationState = "NONE"
HibernationSupportedStates = "S3,S4,S5"
Unhibernate = MY.MachineLastMatchTime =!= undefined

So it looks like the configuration is OK...I am puzzled...

Best

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 1:40 PM, John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

maybe something is overwriting that attribute?ÂÂ do you have configuration for ÂSTARTD_ATTRS or STARTD_EXPRS?

condor_config_val -v -dump STARTD_

or maybe

condor_config_val -dump | grep -I hiber

This is what I see when I run condor_status

> condor_status -long | grep -I hiber

CanHibernate = true

HibernationLevel = 0

HibernationState = "NONE"

HibernationSupportedStates = "S3,S4,S5"

Unhibernate = MY.MachineLastMatchTime =!= undefined

.. repeats multiple timesâ

-tj