Re: [HTCondor-users] Not enough jobs to fill batch (submitter limit exceeded)

On 05/30/2018 04:15 AM, Petr Vokac wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why our negotiator is not able to schedule sufficient number of jobs and "Rejected" messages in NegotiatorLog file tells me "submitter limit exceeded". Could this be caused by worker node "SLOT_WEIGHT = Cpus * ScalingFactorHEPSPEC06" which averages to ~ 10 and
negotiator "NEGOTIATOR_USE_SLOT_WEIGHTS = True"? I was trying to look what comes in Matchmaker::SubmitterLimitPermits and numbers seemed to me a bit suspicious with respect to average match_cost ~ 10 (slot weight).

Note that when the negotiator is computing submitter limits and quota it is before it has matched the request to any particular machine. Therefore, it doesn't have a machine ad to find a ScalingFactorHEPSPEC06 from, and this is probably not being evaluated to the result you would like.

-greg