Re: [HTCondor-users] Disable HasFileTransfer for hosts?

Yep, I believe that would also solve my problem. Thanks!

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 4:51 PM, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/29/2018 10:52 AM, Joe DiTommasso wrote:
> I'd like to find a solution that avoids changing existing processes, if
> possible. This diff gives the behavior I'm looking for:

[snip]

So with your proposed patch, you could append to condor_config of a specific execute machine

 ÂHasFileTransfer = False

and then jobs will only run there if the job's FileSystemDomain is equal to the submit machine's FileSystemDomain.

I think you can get the exact same behavior without patching the HTCondor source code by instead appending
the following to the condor_config of any execute node:

 Â# Append to the START _expression_ a clause that says only run
 Â# jobs submitted from hosts in the same FileSystemDomain, regardless
 Â# of if file transfer is being used or not.
 ÂSTART = ( $(START) ) && (TARGET.FileSystemDomain == MY.FileSystemDomain)

Remember that matching in HTCondor is bilateral, meaning the job requirements _expression_ must
be true, and also the machine START _expression_ must be true. So the above says this
machine is only willing to run jobs submitted from submit nodes in the same FileSystemDomain,
which I think is exactly the behavior you would get with your code patch.

Hope the above helps,
Todd