[HTCondor-users] Simplest way to change ulimit for all new jobs

Hi all,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, there is a security bug with the RHEL kernels (CVE-2018-14634)Âwhich needs to be patched.

As there is no new kernel for RHEL 6 yet, the mitigation is to reduce the stack size ulimit (ulimit -HsÂ16000000)

I have tried adding the stack size ulimit to profile.d on the worker node, but jobs run via HTCondor are not picking this value up.

Does anyone have an easy way to ensure jobs (and their child processes) pick up the new stack size hard limit?

Jobs are being submitted via ARC-CE, if that helps.

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Crosby
Research Computing | CoEPPÂ| School of Physics