From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kitlasten, Wesley via HTCondor-users
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 2:17 PM
To: tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Kitlasten, Wesley <wkitlasten@xxxxxxxx>; htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Make runs fail?

Hi Todd,

1) I too heard those alarm bells! The model is highly non-linear and it just does not converge for certain parameter combinations. As such, the "results" of the model with those parameter combination are inherently flawed (i.e. no point in considering fluxes when your mass balance errors are 200%, right?). With a better understanding of the model I could potentially better inform the covariance matrix and avoid those combinations that fail to converge, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

2 and 3) These are helpful. I use a python script to extract the elapsed time of the simulation and the number of iterations, then estimate how long the model will take to complete. I can likely use Michael's presentation to guide me further, although honestly I only grok about 60% or less of it!

Thank you.