Re: [HTCondor-users] RESERVED_MEMORY not considered by HTCondor

On 10/23/2018 02:07 PM, Zhuo Zhang via HTCondor-users wrote:
> Thank you for the inputs Michael. My previous email saying that worker1
> has 128GB memory is not accurate. I used "free -m" to check the total
> memory on that machine:

Keep in mind that linux kernel cannot always accurately track several
kinds of memory allocations including mmap'ed files, tmpfs, etc. Plus of
course FS buffers are typically considered "free".

Maybe try a KILL expression for when a job goes over total_memory-3072?

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin