[HTCondor-users] append_files for stdout/err in local universe

Hello.  I have a persistent, long-running job that I'm trying to manage
with condor in the local universe.  I have configured condor to relaunch
the job if it exits.  However, every time it relaunches it truncates and
writes over the old stdout and stderr log files, which is quite
annoying, and makes it know what went wrong.

I'm curious why the append_files directive [0], which would apparently
allow me to configure the log files to be appended instead of
overwritten, is only available in the standard universe.  Why isn't this
available in the local universe?

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with the issue I'm
facing?

Thanks.

jamie.

[0] http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_submit.html#condor-submit-append-files