Re: [HTCondor-users] Job standard output gets overwritten after preemption

Where is the best place to look for documentation on the "side effects", CondorWeek presentations, wiki, ...

Strictly speaking, of course, the "side effects" are the intended effects, and as such, they're the primary point of the documentation already pointed out on the Wiki. For +WantFTOnCheckpoint, I think if you set SuccessCheckpointExitBySignal, SuccessCheckpointExitSignal, and SuccessCheckpointExitCode to an exit you know will never happen, HTCondor will never believe your job has taken a checkpoint will therefore not attempt to do file transfer and then restart it when it exits. It should, however, still open the standard output and error files in append mode. However, I have not tried this.

- ToddM