Re: [HTCondor-users] Questions concerning the submit file

See https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToAddJobReq

> 2) how can i assign specific computer resources (like number of CPus and
> memory) at a specific job?

In your job submit file, set request_cpus and request_memory.  This tells HTCondor
how many resources to allocate on a server for you job, and the remaining resources
on the server can go to other jobs.

Or perhaps you want to know how and administer of a server in a HTCondor cluster
can reserve resources on a server to only run specific types of jobs?  Is so see:

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToReserveSlotForSpecialJobs

> 3) how can i instruct the condor scheduler through the submit file to
> copy a whole folder from the submit machine to execute machine?

Just list the name of the folder (subdirectory) in your transfer_input_files, which will move
the directory and its contents into the scratch working directory on the execute node.
If you just want the contents of the folder, put a trailing slash on the name of
the subdirectory name.

Details and examples are in the manual at

  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/SubmittingaJob.html#x17-380002.5.9

Also see the condor_submit man page ("man condor_submit"), also available online at
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/Condorsubmit.html
You want to looks at transfer_input_files.

Hope the above helps,
Todd