Re: [HTCondor-users] BUMP Re: curl file transfer problem

Hi Dmitri,

Thanks for checking in. No need for other details. It's worth noting that your old file transfers were going via our squid proxies, which have been having problems recently causing jobs to get stuck. This looks like the same issue you're having. I don't know what state the proxies are in right now, but it's a known problem that we are working on.

As for adding timeouts to curl_plugin transfers: we've actually already added this, but it won't become available until the 8.9.2 release a few weeks from now. Big picture, we are actively working to make the curl_plugin more resilient to problems in the network. There are just lots of ways the network can misbehave, so it's a long process.

Mark