Re: [HTCondor-users] Difference between condor_config and condor_config.local

condor_config is the root configuration file for HTCondor daemons and for tools.

If you read it you will see that it refers to condor_config.local,

LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = $(LOCAL_DIR)\condor_config.local

The statement above causes condor_config.local to be included in the HTCondor configuration.

You should change the HTCondor configuration of your Windows by editing either of these

files, but we recommend that you leave condor_config alone, and edit condor_config.local

when you want to change the HTCondor configuration.

HTCondor will also read configuration files from a directory called \Condor\config because of this line:

LOCAL_CONFIG_DIR = $(LOCAL_DIR)\config

But the HTCondor installer does not create this directory, you will have to create it yourself if you want to use a config directory.

-tj