Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor logs in an ELK stack

El lun., 29 abr. 2019 a las 14:38, Mary Romelfanger (<mary@xxxxxxxxx>) escribiÃ:

> Hi Everyone,
>

> I am about lose my HTCondor monitoring system and I have to find a new one.   At the same time we are moving other logs and system monitoring into a Kibana/ELK environment, so the time has come for me to explore HTCondor monitoring within an ELK stack.
>

> A little searching lead me a presentation by William Deck at HTCondor Week 2017 that looks like his organization has already done a lot of work in this environment.   I hoping that Mr. Deck is a member of this list and that I can get an e-mail from him, so that we can learn from and perhaps borrow from your knowledge.
>

> At the same time, I was wondering if any other groups have spent any time working with the HTCondor logs in Kibana?
>

>          Thank You â Mary

Hi

there are several efforts in parallel to monitor HTCondor with ELK.
Kevin Retzke, from FNAL, is going to present his approach in the
coming HTCondor Week, to collect data from the schedd I believe. OSG
also has a solution in place.
Myself, I have developed a different approach to collect and aggregate
data from the batch nodes instead, but not yet in production.

Many of the people doing it are member of the
hepix-batchmonitoring-wg@xxxxxxxxx mailing list. I am not sure if a
non-member can write, you may want to try and ask there as well.

Cheers,
Jose