Re: [HTCondor-users] gLite/GAHP vs BOSCO

Hi,

I’ve discovered that Glite is the old name for BLAH (or BLAHP). BLAH binaries are distributed with HTCondor as the "batch_gahp". For historical reasons, people often use the term "glite", and you will see "glite" and "batch_gahp" references in HTCondor, but all of them refer to the same thing, which has been renamed BLAH.

The glite layer communicates with the batch system running on the cluster using "qsub" or equivalent commands.

When to use BLAH/glite or BOSCO?

-          If you can submit jobs to the local scheduler from the submit host, then the local HTCondor can be used to submit jobs via glite (with some modifications described below).

-          If you need to SSH to a different cluster head node in order to submit jobs to the scheduler, then you can use BOSCO.

Best,

Lukas