From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of don_vanchos
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:21 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Minimize time to start job.

Hello,

I noticed that for the simplest vanilla jobs on my cluster, the time difference `job_ad["JobStartDate"] - job_ad["QDate"]` is from 5 to 20 seconds. So quite a lot of time elapses between sending job to the queue and starting the process.

Then I set NEGOTIATOR_CYCLE_DELAY setting to 0. And this time difference became equal from 0 to 1 second.

My goal is to make job launch as fast as possible! What are the consequences if I make this setting equal to zero? Maybe performance degradation? Or maybe the wrong behavior in some cases? If the '0' value is harmful, then how can I minimize this time difference?

P.S. Many thanks to all for the answers to my questions in the neighboring branches and in this (in advance).

--

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Ergunov                                                 mailto:hozblok@xxxxxxxxx