[HTCondor-users] Enable Job Router always

Hello everyone,

I am testing the Job Router functionality to setup a test bed of distributed infrastructure.

Following is my setup:

Machine A (in a Condor pool X)Â is to act as a submit node.

Machine B (in a different condor pool Y) is to act as a cluster head node. Condor is installed only on the head node. It gets integrated with SLURM batch submission for executing jobs on other worker nodes.

The job submitted from A reaches B by flocking. Once it reaches B, I want the job to be routed as a batch job to be submitted to SLURM. I have created the corresponding Job router in B and is active.

Now here's the problem: Since the job submitted at A has to flock to B, the machine B should report as having atleast 1 CPU available. Otherwise the job cannot get flocked from A to B as condor does not find a match. However when I start the machine B with having 1 CPU available, the flocked job from A will directly execute on the machine B without going to the Job Router.

How do I prevent this default behaviour and force the flocked jobs on B to go through the Job Router always ?

Is there any other better mechanism for accomplishing the kind of setup ? I know about the OSG middleware with Condor-CE element. However my constraint is that I have to use Kerberos authentication and not rely on using GSI certificates.

Thanks and regards,

Asvija

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]