[HTCondor-users] DENY_WRITE and exclude execute node temporarily

Hello Everyone,

I am testing how to exclude some execut nodes from condor pool temporarily under condor 8.9. It is for maintenance on execute nodes.
>From the doc and FFAQ, I chose to teste with DENY_WRITE on the central manager where there is NEGOTIATOR, COLLECTOR...

Here is my setting:

cat /etc/condor-ce/config.d/99_exclude.config
DENY_WRITE = $(DENY_WRITE), tbcondor05.in2p3.fr

then i run condor_reconfig -full on this machine,

But one day after the change, this machine is always available when I run condor_status tbcondor05

I also tried with
DENY_WRITE = $(DENY_WRITE), tbcondor05.in2p3.fr, condor_pool@$(UID_DOMAIN)/tbcondor05.in2p3.fr, root@$(UID_DOMAIN)/tbcondor05.in2p3.fr

Same results.

I didn't try HOSTDENY_WRITE, I think DENY_WRITE is the higher lever?
This machine is allowed under: ALLOW_WRITE, COLLECTOR.ALLOW_ADVERTISE_MASTER COLLECTOR.ALLOW_ADVERTISE_STARTD
But I suppose DEBY_WRITE has the higher priority?

Another question is: when the node is excluded, what will happens to the jobs running before this change? Will they finish properly?

Any help is welcome

Thanks in advance,

Xiaomei

Centre de Calcul IN2P3/CNRS